TERMS OF REFERENCE
Impact Vegreville (IV) –Tapping into the Lifeblood of the Community
Ad-Hoc Committee of Town Council
A “community engagement” Committee with the purpose of fostering, developing and enhancing community spirit.
- To actively engage the public in the decisions that affect them
- To create a community where people feel connected and care about each other
- To create buy-in from various community stakeholders and resident demographics (ie: youth, seniors)
- To provide recommendations on preferred communications strategies to Town Council
The Committee consists of voting members from the following areas;
- 3 (three) Members of Town Council
- 1 (one) Member of Town Senior Administration
- Community representatives including a cross-section of various demographic groups (ie: youth, seniors)
- The Committee will appoint from within its members, through consensus, the following positions: Chair, Vice-Chair
Members of the Impact Vegreville Committee agree to commit to involvement for at least one year. Members will have staggered term commitments to allow for continuity and stability of the committee.
- Meetings should be held as required for effective functioning of the Committee and at the call of the Chair.
- Meetings of the Committee will generally be open to the public.
- A simple majority of regular members of the Committee will constitute a quorum.
- Minutes of each Committee meeting will be circulated to members within two weeks following the meeting. They will not be made public until approved by the Committee at the subsequent meeting.
- The Impact Vegreville Committee will function on a collaborative/consensus committee process. This means that all parties participate equally and that decision-making will aim to have full agreement on the course of action to be followed. Only as a last option will there be a need for formal voting.
- The Impact Vegreville Committee may decide to appoint Teams to work on specific functions such as community events, stakeholder and public meetings, focus groups, community conversations etc. Such Teams will be chaired by one member of the Impact Vegreville Committee and may include additional members outside the Committee. All Teams will report back to the Committee on a regular basis.
ADMINISTRATION OFFICE ADDRESS
4829 - 50 Street, Box 640
Vegreville, Alberta T9C 1R7
Cliff Craig, Town Manager
Regular Business Hours: 9:00am - 4:30pm Monday to Friday
Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) Authorization Form
Agenda and Minute preparation
PayrollTaxroll / Tax Assessments
Tax Installment Payment Program (TIPPS) Authorization Form
Tax Assessment Complaint Form
Tax Assessment Complaint Agent Authorization
Drop off locations for recycling in Vegreville
- Vegreville Materials Recovery Facility (VMRF) 5201 - 52 Avenue
- Central Recycling Drop-Off Centre- located just off of Highway 16A on Pacific Avenue, behind Dairy Queen
What can we recycle here in Vegreville?
**New Photocopier/Printer Ink and Toner Options** Contact the VMRF at 780-632-3197 for more information!
The Town of Vegreville recognizes the importance of reducing its carbon footprint and encourages its residents to do the same. In a three year period, the Vegreville Materials Recovery Facility (VMRF) shipped the equivalent of 93 tractor trailer loads of recyclable materials to processing facilities. If these tractor trailer loads were lined up, they would stretch for 1.25 km, or 14 football fields.
Our recycling programs at the Vegreville Sanitary Landfill have also recycled the following quantities:
- 384 metric tonnes of metal
- 100 metric tonnes of electronics
- 15 metric tonnes of household hazardous wastes
- 40 metric tonnes of paint material
- Currently active in Alberta's Tire Recycling Program with tens of thousands of tires recycled to date
In 2011, the Town started a Residential Composting Pilot project. Three cubic yard green bins were placed in select alleys and then monitored. The response from residents was extremely positive. In 2012, the Town of Vegreville signed an agreement with Growing Power Hairy Hill to ship our compostable materials to their facility, where it is processed to produce green power.
For more information on our many recycling efforts, just click on the links below.
Click here to view the 2016 Vegreville Materials Recovery Facility Year End Report
Click here to view the 2015 Vegreville Materials Recovery Facility Year End Report
Click here to view the 2014 Vegreville Materials Recovery Facility Year End Report
Click here to view the 2013 Vegreville Materials Recovery Facility Year End Report
Other Recycling Websites