Someone who is of low income and is unable to perform daily housekeeping tasks due to:
- Illness or recent hospitalization
- Disability/physical limitation
- Advanced age
- Is a resident of the Town of Vegreville or the western portion of the County of Minburn
- Does not qualify for Alberta Special Needs
What is the subsidy and how does it work?
To receive subsidy, applicants must have an annual income of less than:
$23,058 for singles
$36,612 for couples
- The client will pay the worker $20 per hour each visit (as of September 1, 2014)
- A monthly work order is submitted to Vegreville & District FCSS office
- A subsidy of $10.00 per hour is reinbursed to the client by mail (as of September 1, 2014)
What services are available?
- Changing beds
- Spot cleaning walls
- Inside windows
When will the work be done?
- The client and the worker will arrange a schedule that works best for them
How many hours of service can I have?
- If you live in a house you may qualify for a maximum of 10 hours per month.
- If you live in an apartment you may qualify for a maximum of 8 hours per month.