PRIORITY SNOW REMOVAL ROUTES
Updated December 2014
There are conditions that may alter the priority of this list depending on the wind direction, force, and the amount of snow.
TENTATIVE ORDER OF CLEANING EMERGENCY ROUTES
1. Highway 16A North to the Hospital
2. 50th Street from 55th Avenue to 45th Avenue (Main Street)
3. Elk's Hall east to the Hospital - 54A Avenue
4. 49th Street from 54th Avenue to 45th Avenue
5. 67th Street south of Highway 16A
6. 50th Street from 45th Avenue to 42nd Avenue
7. 48th Street south of Highway 16A to 42nd Avenue
8. 45th Avenue from 48th Street to Maple Street
9. Maple Street from 45th Avenue to Birch Avenue
10. 55th Avenue from Highway 16A to 75th Street and north past the Alberta Innovates Technology Futures to Highway 16A
11. Birch Avenue from 60th Street to 50th Street
12. 51st Avenue from Highway 16A to 53rd Street
13. 52nd Avenue from 49th Street to 53rd Street and south to Highway 16A
14. 50th Street from the Elk's Hall north to 61st Avenue
· The main arteries and emergency routes are priority.
· The school areas and senior's complexes are secondary.
· The roads necessary for doctors on call can be opened when requested.
· Expanding out to residential areas alternating from the north side to the south side daily.
· The airport within 48 hours or as time permits.
· The back alleys are opened when the need, equipment, and operators are available.
The 72 hour Parking Bylaw of Vehicles and Equipment on Public Roads is to be enforced year round.
ROAD SANDING LIST
1. 50th Street from the Elk's Hall south and all adjoining Avenues to 45th Avenue
2. All four-way stops
3. All school areas
5. Main through fare intersections
6. All other areas as time and resources allow