Location: Public Works
Date Posted: April 12th, 2019
Closing Date: Open Ended
Until suitable candidate is found
April 12th, 2019
The Public Works Department of the Town of Vegreville has an opening for a full time permanent Equipment Operator I. This individual will primarily assist in the daily operation of Riverside Cemetery including, but not limited to, burial preparation and cemetery maintenance such as snow removal and grounds maintenance. This employee will also perform maintenance on street signs and solid waste bins in the Town of Vegreville. An employee in this classification will operate, but is not limited to; trucks, compactors, snow removal equipment, sanding truck, water and sewer equipment, skid steer, and other medium type mobile equipment.
Suitable candidates will possess the following qualifications:
• Minimum of Grade 12 and one year direct experience in the operation
of medium type mobile equipment.
• Capable of working with minimum supervision.
• Capable of maintaining a professional relationship with employer(s),
fellow employees, and the general public.
• Must distinguish information that is sensitive in nature, utilizing sound
judgment, professionalism and an appropriate level of confidentiality.
• Physically capable of performing assigned duties. (Medical may be
• Possess and retain a valid Class 5 Alberta Operators License with "Q"
• Equivalent combination of education and experience may be
• Comprehensive employee benefit package is available.
Salary Range: $42,907or $20.63/hour - $53,145 or $25.56/hour
Salary to commensurate with education, qualifications, and experience.
A full job description can be requested by emailing [email protected]
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Please address applications to the attention of:
Brad Mills, Public Works Manager
Box 640 |5417 Birch Avenue
Vegreville, AB T9C 1R7
Email: [email protected]