The employee in this position will be responsible for assisting in the delivery and implementation of a vast range of maintenance and custodial services to the Town of Vegreville. Responsibility will be placed on park maintenance.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are a necessity for this position as this person will often be the first point of contact for patrons. This employee is a respected member of an effective working team; dedicated to maintaining and improving our community and as such, will serve the public with courtesy and respect.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain positive public relations with employees and the public.
- Solutions-oriented with sound judgement and strong organizational and planning skills.
- Answers inquiries from customers, the general public, and employees.
- Operation of medium type mobile equipment and power equipment.
- Inspect drives, motors, and belts, check fluid levels, replace filters, and perform other maintenance actions as required.
- Required to perform heavy lifting, reaching, bending, stretching, and climbing.
- Performs other related duties, including minor duties of other trades where certification is not required, and the work does not exceed their own limitations.
- Variety of working conditions, varying temperatures including excessive heat and cold, noise, exposure to fumes, chemicals and solvents, and the potential for working in cramped quarters.
- Assist in evening and weekends when extra staff is required for special events.
- Possess excellent time management skills, deal fairly with staff and develop a team spirit to efficiently and effectively deliver services to the public.
- Participates in the Town of Vegreville safety program.
- Assumes other duties as required.
For the full job description, please click here.