There are 5 post-secondary positions & 2 high school positions available. This classification is labour oriented. Personnel in this classification are engaged in all sectors of either the Public Works Department or the Municipal Services Department of the Town.
This employee is a respected member of an effective working team, dedicated to maintaining and improving our community and as such, serves the public with courtesy and respect.
As an employee, this person shall establish and maintain a good working relationship employer(s), Infrastructure, Planning & Development staff and all other departments. Sound judgement and discretion must be used when responding to inquiries regarding classified and confidential information.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Carries Town-related work as necessary, which will involve mainly manual labour, but may include the operation of power equipment. Duties may include, but are not limited to; spray patching, crack filling, line painting, landfill maintenance, sorting recycling, and bin maintenance.
- Performs other Town-related work as may be necessary from time to time and as directed by the Public Works or Municipal Services Manager or Designate.
- Performs maintenance on equipment for which the employee is responsible for operating.
- Assist the Town Mechanic in the repair of equipment for which the employee is normally responsible for operating.
- Abides by the policies and procedures outlined in the Town of Vegreville Safety manual and will participate in the Town of Vegreville’s Safety Program.
- May be responsible for assisting in the operation of all Infrastructure, Planning & Development Departments; Public Works, Utilities, Municipal Services, or Planning & Development.
- Assumes other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of Grade 10 or tested equivalent.
- One year of direct experience in the operation of medium type mobile equipment is considered an asset in this position.
- Capable of working with minimum supervision.
- Capable of maintaining a professional relationship with the employer(s), fellow employees, and the general public.
- Physically capable of performing assigned duties. (Medical may be required)
- Possess and retain a valid Class 5 Alberta Operators License.
- Have a good working knowledge of safety standards and practices and the ability and desire to implement them.
- First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation are considered to be assets in this position.
- The physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions.
- Frequently required to use personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to hazardous materials and noise levels.
Please send your resumes and cover letters to:
Public Works Municipal Services
Brad Mills, Public Works Manager
5417 Birch Avenue, PO Box 640
Vegreville, AB T9C 1R7
P: 780-632-3439 F: 780-632-4274 P: 780-632-3439 F: 780-632-4274
E: [email protected]
We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.