We understand that finding information and navigating the system in rural Alberta can be difficult. FCSS staff are here to help you find the information you need! Call us at 780-632-3966 or email email@example.com and we will get you connected.
Another way FCSS can help is when life gets a bit more complicated. FCSS can provide support to individuals, families, and caregivers and together we can solve problems, make plans, and strengthen your capacity to meet your needs. Some of the reasons to call or make an appointment with an FCSS Community Programmer include:
- Are looking for information about provincial and federal benefits for adults and seniors.
- Need assistance with completing forms for government programs.
- Have concerns associated with aging, be a caregiver, or elder abuse.
- Would like some support with developing new programs for children, youth, or seniors.
- Looking for someone to help with snow removal, housekeeping, or other odd jobs.
- Are concerned and want to find support for possible child abuse, neglect, or sexual exploitation.
- Not sure where to turn for help with an issue or concern with a relationship.
Financial Empowerment Resources
For many of us, money worries are the greatest source of stress; more than work, personal health, and relationships. There are many sources of financial stress, including:
- Managing household expenses
- Dealing with high levels of debt
- Living paycheque to paycheque
- Loss of employment
- Struggling to save money for short and long-term goals
- Dealing with unexpected expenses
If you feel this way, remember you’re not alone. Financial stress affects all income levels and age groups. When we don’t have adequate income, can’t save, and get into debt, the community experiences:
- Rising rates of evictions
- Food insecurity
- Family violence
- Health problems
- Unpaid taxes and utility bills
We're here to help you find the information and resources you need to strengthen your ability to meet your financial needs. We want you to feel empowered and know more about how to:
- Budget your money during difficult times.
- Get by financially on your monthly income.
- Keep up with bills and commitments.
- Know more about how to prepare for your future.
- Overcome challenges that life has thrown your way.