The Town of Vegreville and the Vegreville and District Chamber of Commerce have partnered to promote our local businesses! Now that many businesses have reopened after the pandemic, we want to let our trade area know that Vegreville is open for business.
From July 13 to October 13, the Town and Chamber will be posting feature videos of our local businesses on the Town's YouTube and the Chamber's Facebook. This campaign is free to any Vegreville businesses to participate in! The intent is to let everyone in and around Vegreville know that our businesses are open and ready to serve you.
Why is supporting local businesses more important than ever?
The pandemic hasn't been easy on Vegreville businesses. Many have had to close over the last several months, and now that they've reopened business isn't what it used to be. Supporting local businesses now helps ensure they're around to support you later!
How can you participate?
Visit the Town's YouTube or the Chamber's Facebook page and watch and share the videos of our local businesses! And of course, support our local businesses however and whenever you can.
Check out what's Open in Vegreville
The Town of Vegreville is partnering with the Vegreville & District Chamber of Commerce on a marketing campaign to promote the fact that Vegreville businesses are now open or soon to be open for business, and that local trade area residents should support them. To this end, we are going to do the following:
- Work with local businesses to film a short (maximum 2 minutes) video showcasing their business with the following information:
- A view of the front/outside of their business
- The owner/manager introducing themselves and discussing the safety precautions the company is taking to protect its customers (masks, sanitizer, social distancing, etc.)
- Their hours of operation
- A quick review of their products sold or services and video of the interior of the business
- A reminder to shop local/support local and the hashtag #openinvegreville
- Utilize local media outlets – Country 106.5 and the News advertiser on a two - month campaign to support this program
- Utilize Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and websites to promote both this campaign and the videos.
- Encourage local businesses to use their social media to promote this campaign.
- Use as many signboards as possible located along Highway #16A (50th Avenue) to promote the campaign and the hashtag #openinvegreville.
- Have participating businesses place a poster in their front window that shows they support this campaign (poster will be provided free of charge)
To maximize the effectiveness of this campaign, as many businesses as possible are encouraged to get involved. The best part of this program is that it is provided absolutely
Free of Charge to any business located in Vegreville!
All you need to do to participate is to contact Michelle at the Vegreville Chamber of Commerce (780) 632-2771 or Tom at the Town of Vegreville (780) 632-3891, and we will pay you a visit and set everything up. The only requirement from you is to participate in making the video, be willing to post it on your social media outlets (if you don’t have any we will post it for you) and put a poster up in your front window – simple!
The message for the campaign will be:
Support Local Businesses Now so they can Support You Later!