STRENGTHENING PEOPLE’S FINANCIAL KNOWLEDGE, INVOLVEMENT AND CONNECTION TO OPPORTUNITIES.
For many of us, money worries are the greatest source of stress; more than work, personal health, and relationships. There are many sources of financial stress, including:
- Managing household expenses
- Dealing with high levels of debt
- Living paycheque to paycheque
- Loss of employment
- Struggling to save money for short and long-term goals
- Dealing with unexpected expenses
If you feel this way, remember you’re not alone. Financial stress affects all income levels and age groups.
When we don’t have adequate income, can’t save, and get into debt, the community experiences:
- Rising rates of evictions
- Food insecurity
- Family violence
- Health problems
- Unpaid taxes and utility bills
We're here to help you find the information and resources you need to strengthen your ability to meet your financial needs. We want you to feel empowered and know more about how to:
- Budget your money during difficult times.
- Get by financially on your monthly income.
- Keep up with bills and commitments.
- Know more about how to prepare for your future.
- Overcome challenges that life has thrown your way.