The Finance Department is responsible for all financial information for the Town of Vegreville including Budgets, Financial Statements, Property Taxation, and Utilities. Assessment & Taxation are important functions to the operation of the Town of Vegreville. The taxation year is January 1 to December 31.
Assessment services include the following:
- providing fair and equitable property assessments
- conducting market-based assessments annually
- sending out a combined assessment and tax notice within the guidelines established by the Municipal Government Act
Taxation services include the following:
- the collection of municipal taxes
- the collection of education taxes
- administration of the Tax Pre-Payment Plan
Paying your Taxes
Choose the payment option that is right for you:
- Pay online or by phone through your bank.
- Pay in person at most banks and financial institutions.
- Sign-up for The Town of Vegreville pre-authorized withdrawal program; Tax Installment Payment Program (TIPP).
- Pay by Mail: Make your cheque payable to the Town of Vegreville and mail to:
PO Box 640, Vegreville, AB T9C 1R7
- Pay at the Town Office between 9:00 am – 4:30 pm Monday to Friday.
- Make your payment after hours through the mail drop-off box at the Town Office.
Please allow sufficient time for payment to reach our office by the “due date”. Payment will be applied to your account on the date of receipt at our office.
Penalties for late payment:
- 10% penalty on all current taxes remaining unpaid after October 31, 2020
- 15% penalty on all taxes remaining unpaid after January 31, 2021
2020 Property Taxes were sent to ratepayers on May 11, 2020. Property Tax Payments are due by June 30, 2020. If you have not yet received your combined assessment and property tax notice, please contact the Town of Vegreville Taxation Clerk at 780-780-632-2606 or email [email protected]