Press Enter to Search

Building & Development Permits & Applications

A Development Permit and a Building Permit is required for most new developments and changes of land use. A development permit ensures that development in the Town of Vegreville meets the requirements of the Town’s Land Use Bylaw and the Building Permit ensures that the development meets the requirements of the Alberta Building Code.
Please refer to Town of Vegreville's Land Use Bylaw 11-2019 or information on developments that do not require a Development Permit.
In addition to a development permit and a building permit, some projects may require additional permits for safety codes. Inspections Group Inc. issues and inspects building, electrical, plumbing and gas permits on behalf of the Town of Vegreville. For more information about these permits, please consult the Inspections Group Inc. website.

Planning & Development Fees and Charges 
Development Permit Application
Re-zoning Application
LUB Amendment Application
Encroachment Agreement Application
Variance Application
Owner Permission Form

Building Permit Application
New Residential Permit Package

Gas Permit Application
Plumbing Permit Application
Electrical Permit Application
Private Sewage Disposal Permit
Building, Gas, Plumbing & Electrical Application Fees

Subdivision Application
Notice of Appeal Application

Unmanned Air Vehicle UAV Permit package


Below are resources that the Town of Vegreville has created as well as information from The Inspections Group and Safety Codes Council.  If this information doesn't answer your questions please email us at [email protected]

Development NOT requiring a Development Permit
F.A.Q, Inspections Group
Verification of Compliance

Residential Detached Garage & Accessory Buildings (Town of Vegreville)
Residential Detached Garage & Accessory Buildings (Safety Codes Council)
Building Permits & Development Permits
Do I need a Building Permit
Residential Attached Decks & Fences
Building a Wood Deck
Finishing Your Basement
Installing a Fireplace
Solid Fuel Burning Appliance
Private Swimming Pools, Hot Tubs & Spas
Business Licenses