FCSS cancellations and modified servicesPosted on: Mar 20, 2020
Following the closure of all Town buildings to the public, Vegreville & District FCSS has compiled information for those who rely on their services.
The following programs, services, and events are cancelled until further notice:
- After Hours Program
- Afternoon Fun with FCSS and Mental Health Capacity Building
- Bunny Hop Family Event
- Babysitters Course
- A Day at Hogwarts with the Vegreville Centennial Library
- Make your own Magic Wand
- Mobile Office
- Volunteer Appreciation Week
- Parent Link Centre
- Community Volunteer Income Tax Program
The following programs have been identified as vital to the well-being of residents and remain available with modifications:
- Housekeeping Program – this is a referral program only. FCSS will assist those who need help completing the required paperwork. Availability is dependant on the service provider.
- Meals on Wheels Program – those with difficulties preparing meals for themselves due to illness, recent hospitalization, disability, inadequate facilities, or circumstance, can purchase meals that are delivered to their home.
- This program is delivered in partnership with St. Joseph’s General Hospital.
- Precautions are being taken to ensure the health and safety of program participants.
FCSS staff remain in the office between 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM (closed from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM) to provide information and referral services. They can be contacted by:
- Calling: 780-632-3966
- Texting: 780-603-1707
- Emailing: [email protected]
Updates on our closures will be posted here: https://www.vegreville.com/town-services/public-safety/covid-19