Vegreville Visitor Information Centre and Municipal Campground to open June 1Posted on: May 29, 2020
The Vegreville Visitor Information Centre and Municipal Campground will be open effective Monday, June 1. The Town's decision is in alignment with the Government of Alberta's Relaunch Plan and ensures the safety of visitors, residents and staff.
The Visitor Information Centre will be open on Mondays and Tuesdays between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM, and from 9:00 AM to 8:00 PM on Wednesdays through Sundays, with staff members present to assist residents and visitors with local, regional and provincial travel plans and to assist campers. We ask anyone who visits the Town or stays at our Municipal Campground to ensure they practice physical distancing and follow the Province's Public Health Orders at all times. More information on the Government of Alberta's requirements for Municipal Campgrounds can be found here.
The Vegreville Municipal Campground will have the following guidelines in place until further notice:
- Whenever possible, contactless reservations are preferred. Campers can call 780-632-6800 for assistance or to obtain a self-reservation envelope on-site.
- Washrooms will only be open to the public during open hours. No shower facilities will be available. Enhanced cleaning processes will be in place.
- Only self-contained camping is permitted at this time, no tenting is allowed.
- Campsites will be blocked off to ensure proper physical distancing. No group camping is allowed.
- Social gatherings within the campground, such as bonfires, potlucks and outside visitors, are prohibited.
- Anyone using the water fill station and sani-dump is asked to wash their hands before and after use.
- Any visitors not feeling well are asked to stay home and to reschedule their visit once they've recovered.
Failure to adhere to the guidelines noted above and the Province’s Public Health Orders will result in immediate expulsion from the campground with no refund issued.