Vegreville & District Family Community Support Services (FCSS) is a partnership between the Town of Vegreville, County of Minburn and the Government of Alberta. The mandate of FCSS is to provide locally-driven, preventative, social initiatives to enhance the well-being of individuals, families and the community.
Supporting the diverse needs of residents.
FCSS is a vital resource and we work hard to build and maintain the Town of Vegreville’s community development goals by:
- Improving access to and supporting individuals to navigate the community and the system to find programs and services.
- Enhancing welcoming and inclusive initiatives through connection and inclusion. Citizens are connected to one another, and their differences are valued and respected.
- Increasing affordability – individuals have an increased capacity to meet their basic needs. Programs, services and events are accessible to everyone.
- Increasing safe and caring practices (physical, emotional, spiritual and mental).
Strategic Priorities 2018-2021
Connection & Inclusion
- We strive to build local connections that bolster community pride and positive attitudes.
Enhancing People’s Coping Skills
- We are currently focusing on financial empowerment and mental health.
- By involving youth to create positive social change they’re involved in decisions that affect them and others.
- We endeavour to support community members to develop new approaches to public or private transportation while addressing the lack of transportation options in small municipalities.