The Vegreville Fire Department (VFD) is comprised of approximately 40 volunteer firefighters. Led by the Fire Chief, Chris Jardine, the VFD protects our community by responding to:
- Structural Fires
- Grass Fires
- High and Low Angle Rescue
- Vehicle Fires and Collisions
- Hazardous Materials Incidents; and
- Ice Rescues
The VFD also plays an active role in our community by providing:
- Outreach and fire prevention initiatives
- Fire inspections and investigations; and
- Fire and rescue training
We are a highly skilled Emergency Services Team protecting life, property and the environment, ensuring the safety and well-being of the citizens of Vegreville and surrounding region.
In 2020, the citizens of this diverse and ever-expanding region are confident that our model Emergency Services Team will protect life, property and environmental needs.
Vegreville Emergency Services believes:
- That an inclusive community can be realized through mutual respect;
- That individual and collective integrity are the cornerstones in a solid foundation of community confidence in our abilities;
- That compassion is the foremost human quality driving our response efforts;
- That the foundation of our organization is the trust we have in ourselves and others;
- That professionalism is the key to building a strong and unified team.
Our members are vital to ensuring the safety of our residents. To get involved, head over to our recruitment page.
The Public Education and Fire Prevention Branch of Vegreville Emergency Services operates out of Station #1, 5100-60 Street, and consists of a Public Education Captain and 12 Safety Codes Officers.
- Fire and Life Safety education to schools, businesses, seniors and general public home inspection
- Fire inspection services for business license purposes
- Home and business fire planning education
- Fire extinguisher training
- "After the Fire" guidance
For more information, please contact 780-632-2254 or via email at email@example.com.