Snow removal is an important priority for the Town. Our Public Works department endeavours to keep our roads safe by removing snow and sanding as required.
Removal in order of priority
- Main arteries and emergency routes
- School zones, assisted living complexes, and seniors complexes
- Residential areas, alternating daily between the north-side to the south-side of the Town
- Vegreville Airport, as time and resources permit; and
- Back alleys are cleared when equipment and operators are available
Public Works will be removing drifted snow and clearing the parking areas downtown between 52 Avenue and Hwy 16A (50 Avenue) starting at 5:30 AM on Tuesday, March 30, 2021. If you’re parked in the area, we kindly ask that you move your vehicles and/or equipment so roads can be cleared properly.
The roadways listed below have the greatest impact on travelling and emergency vehicles. As such, they’re cleared first.
- Highway 16A North to the Hospital
- 50 Street from 55 Avenue to 45 Avenue (Main Street)
- Elk’s Hall East to the Hospital – 54A Avenue
- 49 Street from 54 Avenue to 45 Avenue
- 67 Street South of Highway 16A
- 50 Street from 45 Avenue to 42 Avenue
- 48 Street South of Highway 16A to 42 Avenue
- 45 Avenue from 48 Street to Maple Street
- Maple Street from 45 Avenue to Highway 16A
- 55 Avenue from Highway 16A to 75 Street and North past InnoTech to Highway 16A
- Birch Avenue from 60 Street to 50 Street
- 51 Avenue from Highway 16A to 53 Street
- 52 Avenue from 49 Street to 53 Street and South to Highway 16A
- 50 Street from Elk’s Hall North to 61 Avenue
Vehicles and Equipment cannot be kept on public roads for more than 72 consecutive hours. Municipal Enforcement Officers enforce this year-round.